Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sacred Cow 3 of 11 - Go to School


Go to School from Rich Dad on Vimeo.

I have been told about the importance of going to School as long as I can remember. I thought gaining and education would be the gateway to success. I remember hearing over and over again how I would become the 1st college graduate of my family. Not going to school and getting my education was not an option. In fact I wanted to be the first college graduate in my family to make my parents proud and set a good example for other members of my family.



I can still remember the look of pride on my fathers face and my mothers face the day I graduated from college. I had no idea it would lead to my own enslavement rather than freedom. I have allowed myself to become trapped by my student loans.  I believe that both academic and professional education are great, but they do not compare to financial education.






The part of the video that I liked the best was when Mr. Kiyosaki says that your financial statement is your report card. I have made two financial statements. The first is my personal financial statement which is very ugly. If  I had to grade my personal financial statement, I would give myself  a "F". The second is my financial statement for cashflow collaboration. I would rate that financial statement a "C".  I will post my financial statements by Sunday of this week.



I also liked the statement about the best way to learn is through actually doing the task or though simulation. I like playing the rich dad poor dad game CASHFLOW 101, and I like trading in my virtual account through Options Xpress.


This is all I have for now.  Have a Great Day. Let's Eradicate poverty and Build Wealth through Financial Education.

P.S. -- Have you created your own financial statement or report card? I so please leave a comment and tell about your experience in the comment box below.